Manhattan Christian School is currently seeking applications for a bus driver. The purpose of this position is to ensure that there is appropriate and safe transportation of students to and from MCS on a daily basis or on scheduled field trips and athletic events.
- Committed Christian.
- Understanding of the mission and vision for education at Manhattan Christian School.
- It is preferred that a candidate would have previous experience in bus driving.
- Ability to willfully take orders and follow directions.
- Ability to recognize and report bus needs for maintenance and repairs to the Bus Coordinator.
- Possession of good physical condition and manual dexterity.
- Be able to positively relate to students.
- Age & Experience - At least 21 years of age and five years of licensed driving experience.
- Character - Is a Christian.
- CDL License - Is the holder of a valid commercial driver’s license.
- DOT Physical - Has filed with the MCS office a satisfactory medical examination report on a form approved by the United States Dept. of Transportation and signed by any physician licensed in the United States. The DOT physical is good for two years only.
- Basic First Aid Card - Has completed a basic first aid course and holds a valid basic first aid certificate from an authorized instructor.
- Certificate - MCS must file with the county Head of School a certificate that certifies compliance with the driver qualifications enumerated in this section.
- Expirations and Renewal - A school bus driver certificate remains valid until the earliest expiration date of the commercial vehicle operator’s endorsement, the first aid certificate, and/or physical examination. A new certificate must be issued to the driver when any of the above items expires and is renewed.
- Inspect assigned bus on a daily basis as required by law.
- Maintain a clean bus.
- Each driver is allotted ½ or .5 hours per day for cleaning of interior of the bus at the driving hourly rate.
- Each driver will be allotted 2 hours per month for cleaning the exterior of the bus (at the driving hourly rate) plus any expenses related to the cost of a wash.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before scheduled routes.
- Establish and maintain established school rules for bus safety.
Work Day – The length of time served each day may vary depending on the length of the route assigned, the field trip or the athletic trip taken. Regular route drivers will not exceed 4 hours per day. Field trips may affect that time frame.
Pay and Benefits– This position is an hourly position and the rate of pay is set by the Board at contract time. For field trips there is a drive time and wait time differential on the hourly pay rate.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out an employment application found to the left or email our Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.