Manhattan Christian School Middle School Math & Science Teacher
1. General Job Description – Partner with the Administration and Board of Manhattan Christian School to “Inspire students to live God-glorifying lives by teaching Christ’s Lordship in faith, learning, and living.”
2. General Qualifications:
- Be committed to Christian Education in general (as defined, for example, in the MCS Statements of Faith and Purpose) and to Manhattan Christian School in particular.
- Lead an exemplary Christian life, both in private and public settings.
- Be an active member in a church that would support the Manhattan Christian School statement of faith.
3. Education and Experience:
- Have a college degree in Math/Science Education or related field.
- Possess or willing to obtain Montana State teacher certification.
- Preference will be given to candidates with classroom teaching experience.
- Consideration will be given to a candidate willing to pursue course work necessary to secure state of Montana credentials.
4. Knowledge and Skills in Curriculum and Teaching:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the curriculum for which s/he is responsible.
- Demonstrates ability to connect knowledge, skills and attitudes within and among disciplines for which s/he is responsible to teach.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to connect Reformed Christian principles with the curriculum and classroom community.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Translates curricular essential knowledge, questions and goals into meaningful and clearly-articulated lessons and experiences for all kinds of learners.
- Demonstrates the ability to model questions and higher order thinking.
- Gives clear and organized explanations.
- Chooses appropriate resources to enhance learning for students.
- Chooses authentic assessments for students.
- Prepares lessons appropriate to the age and skill of students and time allotted for instruction.
- Organizes instruction to maximize student learning.
- Demonstrates ability to redirect questions and activities in response to student misunderstandings.
- Devotes time to reflection, evaluation of self and practice, and carrying out improvement plans for self and the school.
- Wages commensurate with experience as indicated on the MCS pay scale and based on assigned FTE. This is a 1 FTE position.
- Medical and Dental coverage available according to MCS teacher policy. For benefits this position is treated as a Professional Educators Contract position.
- Paid Medical leave and personal days will be prorated according to Professional Educators Contract policy.