Manhattan Christian is currently seeking applications for a full-time school custodian. This position would begin late July/early August.
The Head custodian is responsible for the overall internal cleanliness of the Manhattan Christian School Facilities. The Head Custodian is directly responsible to the Head of School. He/She provides reports and updates as needed. The Head Custodian also reports to the Facilities Committee on a regular basis and provides input and advice on facilities issues.
- Must be committed to Christian Education in general (as defined, for example, in the MCS Statements of Faith and Purpose and to Manhattan Christian School in particular).
- Must lead an exemplary Christian life, both in family and community settings.
- Must be an active member in the church that would support the doctrinal standards of Manhattan Christian School.
- Must be comfortable with people and able to work with a variety of volunteers. It should be understood that there will be extensive contact with staff, students, community members, inspectors and other individuals connected to MCS.
- Must have a basic knowledge of cleaning and building maintenance.
- Must be emotionally stable.
- Must remain non-judgmental of the work and personalities of the staff members.
- Must maintain a professional distance from students.
- Ability to remain flexible due to frequent and unplanned interruption in the routine and non- routine situations of the school facility.
- Must be willing to comply with health and safety regulations established by regulatory agencies outside the school.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out an employment application found to the left or email our Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.